1. What was your favourite part of the holiday?
I really enjoyed using the local transport, it saved a fortune and in many cases you do experience more. The trains were so simple and really fast. My favourite part of the trip was Pompeii and our trek up Mt. Vesuvius.
2. What would you recommend to others interesting in travelling to this area?
Travel the Amalfi Coast by hydrofoil; it’s much more pleasant in the heat and you get to view this amazing coast line from a different perspective and you get to see so much more than you would have if you had traveled by road.
3. Was a week enough for you?
I could have easily have stayed two weeks as there is so much to see and do in Sorrento; natural beauty and historical sights abound!
4. How would you rate/describe the food?
Totally AMAZING! The food in the hotel was absolutely beautiful, but we couldn’t resist trying some of the many fabulous restaurants. The Gelato needs it’s own chapter!
5. Where did you stay and how would you rate the location when recommending to others?
We stayed with The Hotel Tirrenia, a 3* basic hotel in a very central position. Excellent value and location, perfect as a base for a sightseeing holiday.
6. Was there enough to do in terms of attractions/excursions?
There is so much to do in the Sorrento Area; the island Capri (Romantic & pretty; just a dream location) and Ischia (beautiful botanic gardens, fab beaches and sublime hotels.) Pompeii, Herculaneum & Mt. Vesuvius are only 30mins away by train. Also, the Amalfi Coast is a sweeping beautiful collection of colourful villages magically clinging to towering cliff fronts.
7. If you could go back again would you do anything differently?
I would probably stay a little longer to allow some relaxation time, I’d love to stay on Ischia as it’s definitely worth a return visit!